2018 was a year of learning for me. As the year draws to a close, here’s a more or less complete list of the books, audiobooks, blogs, MOOCs I have read, listened to or studied throughout this year. They have inspired and helped me to develop a much wider frame of perspective and deeper understanding of my profession and my personal life.
Maybe this list holds an inspiration for your reading over the holiday season.
Uncertainty and risk
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb: Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life. Penguin 2018.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb: The Black Swan. The Impact of the Highly Improbable. Penguin 2008.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb: Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance. Penguin 2007.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb: Anti-Fragile: Things that Gain from Disorder. Penguin 2012.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb: The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms. Penguin 2010.
- Keith Blacker, Patrick McConnell: People Risk Management: A Practical Approach to Managing the Human Factors That Could Harm Your Business. Kogan Page 2015.
- Stephen Johnson: Farsighted: How We Make the Decisions That Matter the Most. Riverhead 2018.
- Alex Schenk et al.: Why Good People Do Bad Things. Novartis Finance Academy. Trainer Certification.
- Vasily Klucharev: Introduction to Neuroeconomics. How the Brain Makes Decisions. NRU/HSE (Coursera MOOC).
- Guido Palazzo and Ulrich Hoffrage: Unethical Decision Making in Organizations. University of Lausanne (Coursera MOOC).
- The Washington Post – online subscription
- Hürriyet Daily News – online
- Michael Wolff: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House. Henry Holt & Co. 2018
- James Comey: A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership. Flatiron 2018.
- Bob Woodward. Fear: Trump in the White House. Simon & Schuster 2018.
- Greg Miller: The Apprentice: Trump, Russia and the Subversion of American Democracy. Custom House 2018.
Behavioral Science & Psychology
- John Bargh: Before You Know It: The Unconscious Reasons We Do What We Do. Touchstone 2017.
- Daniel Kahneman: Thinking. Fast and Slow. Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2011.
- Merve Emre: What’s Your Type?: The Strange History of Myers-Briggs and the Birth of Personality Testing. William Collins 2018.
- Barbara L. Frederickson: Positive Psychology. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Coursera MOOC).
- Michela Massini et al.: Philosophy and the Sciences: Introduction to the Philosophy of Cognitive Sciences. The University of Edinburgh (Coursera MOOC).
- Joseph Henrich: The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter. Princeton University Press 2015.
- Geert Hofstede, Gert J. Hofstede, Michael Minkov: Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. Mc-Graw Hill 2010.
- Kerstin Alfes et al.: Intercultural Management. EScP Europe (Coursera MOOC).
- Max Tegmark: Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence. Penguin 2017.
- Paramahansa Yogananda: Autobiography of a Yogi. Self-Realization Fellowship 2014.
- Eckhart Tolle: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment. New World Library 2010.
2 thoughts on “Reading list 2018”
No our free risk management book?